Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Argument of Fact

My argument of fact once again comes form the wonderful newspaper from Houston. It is about how Hurricane Ike might alter the political scene in Texas. It makes the statement that Ike could have not only altered people's living arrangements, and families but it could also have a direct impact on the number of Democrats or Republicans in the senate and house from Texas.

The reason it could change this is because with the election coming up there is question whether the residents will be back in time or if the will have enough time to do the mail in ballots. This is a very interesting scenario, one not seen very often. There will be accommodations for the evacuated people, they are talking about satellite polling, but regardless, time has been lost to campaign and that will have some impact in the election. To what extent, we can only wait and see.

4 comments:

Sara V said...

This is really interesting. I didn't even think about how people might not be back in time to vote. It will be very interesting to see what happens.

akwilkins said...

Yes. I did not even think about that either! THat is a very interesting point that could really affect the election results I think. Especially since the area that was hit with hurricane Ike mainly votes Republican.

Noelle said...

That is a good point, that I definitely had not thought about. That can really cause some problems, all I can say is I hope it does not turn into another Florida of 2000. Either way the situation still has some time to be fixed before the election, and the people still have enough time to mail in for the absentee ballots if they don't delay too much.

AlleOsborne said...

Oh wow that is very interesting. I have never thought of this. I know I even have some good friends down there that lost their houses and things. That is quite a pickle.