Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My Sources

For my topic I am doing teacher reform and how each candidate feels on the topic. So I chose some articles that help show the need for reform and a need for a new system.

My first topic is a video about how the U.S. school systems are failing to do their job and we are falling behind other countries in our public education. This gives a lot of numbers and is an ad just to get people thinking about the issues.

Next, this is an article that gives a detailed account of each candidate's views on a wide variety of topics retaining to education. this gives good insight to what each one wants to do and people can start thinking whether their ideas will work or not.

Lastly, this article/video is about Dallas I.S.D. had to layoff a large portion of its staff very recently do to lack of money. This is a very real and local example. this shows how it happens and just our need for something new. So this last one really leaves us knowing we need to make sure we fix the problems we have made about education.

2 comments:

Marissa S said...

I am also doing my paper on education. However, I am looking more specifically at special education while you are researching teacher reform and the candidates views. I don't know about you..but I found the best education sources on Lexis Nexis Academic. The subject of education, teacher reform, and special ed is very important to me because I am majoring in education and everything going on now is going to affect me when I am looking for a job. The sources you found appear to be perfect for your topic and I hope they are very helpful!

Sara V said...

Your sources so far sound great! They provide a well-rounded view and different perspectives on the issue. They also seem to start broader and get narrower as you go along which should make it easy to transition between in your paper. Good luck!