Wednesday, November 19, 2008

This year's speeches

I would have to say that this year is the first year that I really understood what these speeches meant and their magnitude. I felt that this was the first time I was knowledgeable about the election and had some feelings toward it that were not just my parents. But anyway, these speeches really showed a lot of the candidates character and their attitudes. I think McCain's speech really showed his gracious attitude and his will to help out the country at all costs and I think that will help him the long run as he continues to serve his country. I feel that Obama's speech really showed his charisma and his excitement. He showed his plans a little for his presidency and he really got everyone excited. I fell they both did excellent jobs and I know both speeches would be difficult to execute in the perfect way they both managed to.

3 comments:

AlleOsborne said...

I definitely agree with you will. This was the first time i really had some good knowledge of what both canidates actually stood for besides being a democrat or republican. I agree also that they both had great speeches and that Obama and McCain will both be giving the country all they have in up and coming years.

Tommyboy said...

I agree with you about the magnitude of these speeches. Both were very significant in showing the true character of each candidate and how they represented themselves.

Shannon S said...

I didn't really pay that much attention to the election night speeches before this year, either! They were both amazing to watch, but I'm still very thankful we wont' have to go through this whole process again for another four years!